Since its tuesday I thought I would share a chicken post.
Chicken Stir-FryRecipe courtesy Paula Deen
- 6 to 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 package shiitake mushrooms
- 2 to 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Serving suggestion: Hot, cooked rice noodles
In a large skillet, heat the oils over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, pepper, and onion and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the water chestnuts. In a small bowl, combine broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and cornstarch. Add to chicken mixture and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium to medium-low, and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Serve over hot, cooked rice noodles.I don't make many things from Paula Deen mostly because her recipes are overkill on fats, salt and sugar, but this recipe looks really good, with healthy ingredients and low on fats etc.
I also found this site with many chicken stir fry recipes to pick from-enjoy!