- 4 cups Cinnamon Chex� or Rice Chex� cereal
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Line bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix cereal, apples, almonds and cranberries; set aside.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat butter, corn syrup and brown sugar over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Pour over cereal mixture in bowl; stir until evenly coated. Using buttered back of spoon, press mixture firmly in pan. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to cut.
- For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature up to 1 week.