Sunday, July 10, 2011

Rust Dyed Cloth on the Line



I haven't done this for a few years, if you are someone that enjoys any kind of hand dyeing, you would love this process too. I have a video on my home page that I made several years ago.
If you do a google search online for rust dye, you will be amazed at all the artists doing this-and making fabulous cloth.Lots of information out there too on how to do this. I never claimed to be an artist, but I do have fun with most anything dye or fiber related
the yellow fabric is relcaimed lining material from when I tore a wool jacket apart to get to the wool. This was sun painted first. the purple fabric was also sun painted first. This piece turned out nice it was wraped in a rust chain and I laid it across the lines that were already in the fabric.
The other pieces were mostly immersed first into a light black walnut sollution, and the long thin piece was dyed yellow with mimosa, and was also wrapped into a chain-and I like this piece alot too. I knew I would lose the yellow but it turned into a beautiful brownish beige color. The photos are not the best, cause of the bright sun, but will take a couple close ups later on. there is one on a light cloth that was really fun, I wrapped in a vintage cookie sheet with words-and some came thru in the rust.
These pieces are all at the beginning stage for creating art cloth.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails