Thursday, July 21, 2011

Kathy's No Bake Sweet Treat


I have had a taste for something sweet, like a homemade baked goodie, especially after seeing all the delicious recipes that friend Sea posted yesterday.
So I checked online for ideas for a no bake cookie treat; we are still in the 100s here so no not turning the oven on still.
Most of the recipes were very similiar, so here's the one I went by with my changes.
Kathy's No Bake'ems
1 stick butter-I used half butter and half oil
1/4 cup cocoa-I used very dark cocoa
1/2 cup milk-I had condensed no fat milk on hand so used that
2 cups sugar-I used 3/4 cup splenda, and 1/2 cup stevia/sugar mix
1 tablespoon vanilla-I used my own homemade
1/2 cup peanut butter-I used almond butter
3 cups oats-I used 2 1/2 cups gluten free oats, and 1/2 cup slivered almonds
Bring all but the oats to a boil for one minute. Then stir in the oats, form into balls, let set til firm enjoy!
These turned out very delicious-and now I have a little sweet for the week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails