Sunday, May 15, 2011

Trout Recipe with Photo


I baked these last night and was very pleased with them, my first attempt with trout.
I have a nice patch of lemon balm growing now, so I put some under the fish, and then put some on top of the filling too.
I sprinkled some olive oil inside and outside of the fish. and for the stuffing: I used some leftover brown rice/wild rice that I added chopped wild garlic to, a handful of currents, sliced black olives, and a good sprinkling of chipolte pepper-
Folded up the foil into packets, I had 5 fish, placed on a pan and baked in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees f These were moist, not oily and just excellent. I really loved the stuffing too-nice flavors with not too much heat.
I served with garden greens salad, and later we had a gluten free vanilla cake with strawberries and blueberries Good Eats!

To prepare the trout we soak in cold water with a drop of dawn dish soap to cut the oil for several hours, then rinse well, and then soak in cold salt water in the frig. overnight- Larry doesn't like any fish that "tastes like fish" lol he really only enjoys catfish-but this method with the trout really helps-he was quite happy that our dinner didn't have that oily fish taste.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails