Sunday, April 17, 2011

Art Sunday 1830's Quilts

As my readers may remember, I have been collecting reproduction quilt fabrics to copy an 1830's quilt. Lately, I have been doing alot more reading on the history of cloth, dyes, quilts this past week as well. I am really interested for the most part in quilts during the early 1800's thru the civil war period.
For art sunday I thought I would share photos of quilts made during the 1830s



these three quilts were found here
and below is the one I am gathering fabrics to reproduce, I have them all now-except I may still change the turkey red and the blue fabrics

Fleur d'Lis

Barbara Brackman, quilt historian has written many books about fabrics and quilts-including several during the civil war. here

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails