Monday, March 14, 2011

Would You Believe it is Really Snowing Here in the Ozarks???

Yes-it really is, we got alot of rain late yesterday and most of the night. They had predicted a possibility of a rain snow mix. We woke this morning with about a 1/2 an inch on the ground, but it has been snowing all day. It is a wet snow, but it is still sticking to trees, ground, roads etc-quite a change from our near 70 degrees over the weekend.
A couple days of cold, and then by wednesday I guess we will be back in the 70s pretty normal actually for spring time in the ozarks. Our friends will be coming in from Wisconsin on friday-so hoping the weekend stays nice and warm, and no rain. Lots of fun things to do with them-huge county garage sale, fishing, picnics if nice, walks in the parks etc.
Wow, I wanted to sell most of my organic cotton batting-as it was just taking over all of my upper shelves in my craft room. I have now gotton back two sets of shelves-yeh! I saved back two bags of lengths-enough to do a few quilts, or use as stuffing in pillows etc. I sold 3 more pieces over the weekend. So now I am down to just two odd pieces, and a few small gallon bags of this cotton. This has at least brought people to my shop, and I have gotton excellent reviews-so happy about that. Now if I could just sell some things I like to make-lol my soaps, hand dyes, pillows etc. I am greatful though, and it is fun to be back in a little business again. Larry and I always had a home business of some sort. Last one was 20 plus years of breeding exotic birds and selling food etc for them.
Well, I need to get off here, and get back to cleaning house-
Happy New Week All

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails