Thursday, January 27, 2011

Quilt progress


I finished up with the border, decided the quilt was big enough so did not add the extra 6 1/2" border. For the four corners I used my onion skin dyed cotton fabric I dyed last year-love how it picks up the golds in some of the prints.
This quilt was made with mens shirts, homespun, and quilt fabric, the backing is homespun-you can see a little bit of it on the one edge.
I decided not to knot this too, I am going to baste it first and then put it on my quilt frame-and hand quilt with long running stitches using embroidery threads-I think I will love it much better, and should go fairly fast-going to cross hatch it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails