Monday, January 3, 2011

Chicken Tuesday

I loved posting for chicken tuesdays, so from time to time I still love to do a post. Posting a little early, cause I will gone tomorrow morning-I am dropping off a box for the resale shop.
Baked Thighs

photo from here
I acutally made this for the first time ever last night. I had gotton a big bag of frozen thighs last summer in one of my Angel food boxes, and didn't know what to do with them-lol Larry is not fond of dark meat on poultry, and acutally is a little too rich and fatty for him, so I just never made these.
I got out my gluten free flour mix, and dusted the thighs really well after first rubbing in some lemon pepper and crushed rosemary.
I put a little olive oil on the bottom of the foil pan and added in the thighs-baked slow for a couple hours and then turned up the heat and took off the cover to finish up.
There was alot of fat on the bottom of the pan, so placed another sheet of foil on top of that and added the thighs back on the clean foil to finish up. excellent flavor-really loved the dish. Larry so so--where's the white meat-lol
I found this recipe online-looks really good too, is made with olive oil and lots of herbs, garlic and lemon-here

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails