Thursday, December 30, 2010

Holiday Recipe Share Fridays--Early and a Little "Doings"

Wow we woke up to 55 degrees and high winds. Feels like an early spring day. Too bad it won't stick around, but will enjoy the warm while it is here

I went thru some more boxes of clothes, so have another big stack to cut for quilts and rags, and we found two boxes of flannel shirts-most don't fit Larry any more so saving a box for me, and may offer them to our Wisconsin friends, and another box to share with friends here. I also cut up and washed 5 wool garments for rugs and applique projects.

Next up is to go thru a few boxes of gardening books and decide what I can sell off. May try Ebay or Amazon for these. Haven't had alot of luck with the books I have on Amazon so far, except I was very pleased to sell my new Weaving book set this spring there. After I bought this, I decided it was too complex for me and since it was over $100.00 I decided to sell-and I did sell it right away, and got all my money back. I had purchased it as pre buy before the price went up quite a bit.

This is the first year we have been invited to a New Years Eve party. It is at our friend Mr. L's home. He says he always fixes fresh shrimp, and everyone invited brings food. I haven't totally decided what I am bringing, but I may bring a pasta dish-gluten free-so I know I will have something else I can eat. I also may make some candies today to take along too, and I have a recipe for chocolate popcorn I may make too.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Holiday Recipe Share Fridays

I decided to post early, so everyone that wants to, has time to post.

I haven't made the chocolate popcorn before but sounds good. Doing a google search there are lots and lots of recipes out there.

Found these: http://www.chocolate-candy-mall.com/chocolate-popcorn-recipes.html

Chocolate Covered Popcorn Recipe

  • 12 cup popped popcorn (air popped works great)

  • 1/4 cup butter

  • 2 cups milk chocolate chips

  • 1 cup corn syrup







Spray a large roasting pan with cooking spray. Pop the popcorn and place it in the pan.

Combine butter, chocolate chips and corn syrup in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it boils.

Pour mixture over popcorn and stir through to coat. Bake at 300 degrees F for 45 minutes stirring frequently. Cool completely. Break into pieces and store in airtight container.

For an added dimension, add a cup or two of your favorite nuts.


No Bake Chocolate Popcorn

  • 6 cups popped popcorn

  • 2 tablespoons margarine

  • 2 tablespoons corn syrup

  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder

  • 1 1/2 tablespoon milk

  • Dash of salt











Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and place the popped corn in it.

Melt margarine in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in corn syrup, cocoa, milk and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.

Pour mixture over popcorn and stir well to coat. Allow popcorn to cool before serving.


Shortcut Chocolate Popcorn Recipe

  • 1 box/bag caramel popcorn

  • 1 bag chocolate chips



Spray a large bowl with cooking spray. Place popcorn in bowl.

Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Stir every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Do not over heat.

Pour chocolate over caramel corn and stir well. Chill until chocolate sets.

Break up and store in an airtight container.






New Years Eve links with recipes:

From Food Network here

From Epicurious here

From Eating Well here

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails