Monday, October 18, 2010

Homemade Donuts Ready to Eat

These turned out really nice. I followed the link I gave for Allrecipes Fluffy Cake Donuts with my changes:

I used gluten free rice flour baking mix for the flour, for the sugar I used sun crystals-cane sugar and stevia, for the milk I used buttermilk, for the shortening I used light canola-olive oil, no salt, and my own vanilla extract. Since these were gluten free I needed to add about 1/4 cup more liquid to the batter and I only got 7 donuts instead of 12. I ate one to see if they tasted good and I love the flavor-very nice.

I mixed up a simple glaze-powdered sugar and water, and sprinkled cinnamon on two of them and reglazed, sprinkled unsweetened coconut on two of them, left one plain glaze, and added cocoa powder to the last of it for two chocolate ones. Off to sample-

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails