Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pear-Pineapple-Ginger Jam it is--lol



I started out by choosing the largest and ripe of the pears I had left over, Thought I would dice and make up into a jam. I looked online and did some recipes with photos of chunks of pears, but of course way too much sugar for me.
The recipes usually called for around 6 cups of the diced pears. So I just eyeballed it, should have close to that amount maybe a little more. Since this took forever to do-cause of the size I poured in a cup of water that had a 1/4 cup of lemon juice in there to keep the pears from going totally brown.
Then I got to thinking, I just bought a fresh pineapple so I think that would go good with pears. I found several recipes for pears-pineapple jam so yeh. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pineapple-Pear-Jam-751 I am kinda going by this one for the method-cook the pears first then add the pineapple, the long cooking time to make it thick is because of all the sugar which I don't want.
I added in about 1/4 cup of honey and 1/4 cup of vanilla organic sugar to the pears they are cooking now-then decided I have candied ginger that should be good in this-lol
So thats whats cooking now in my kitchen-updates later.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails