Saturday, September 4, 2010

More Pears-This Time Juiced



A beautiful day to do this, even though alot of work. We had picked 4 5 gallon buckets of the pears, and we processed 2 of the buckets. I will end up with 10 quarts of juice plus a pint-and I think some of these jars a little more than a quart-they are classico spaghetti sauce jars-which are mason jars so I save those.
Definately alot of time envolved but the fruit was free, we had fun pickig, and the juicing took 4 hours, and another couple hours to can. This tastes similiar to apple cider but better.
I was planning on making homemade pizza on the grill tonight-but I don't know if I am up to it now-lol
My body is pretty soar from grating all that soap for the laundry soap, and coring two buckets of pears
Enjoy your weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails