Thursday, September 9, 2010

In the Kitchen This Morning

I still had that big carton of ricotta cheese that I wanted to use, so found this recipe under Sea's Italian recipes http://seanymph3.multiply.com/recipes/item/507/Cannoli_Cheesecake (she has this set for her network) I didn't have the candied orange peel-which actually I have not been able to buy for a long time in the stores, so I used candied red cherries, and for the chocolate I used dark chocolate. I did have organic orange peels in the freezer that I had saved, so I had the zest. I have never made a cheesecake like this before, I hope Larry really likes it-much less sugar and fat than a traditional cheesecake that I am used to making, even with the candied fruits. I liked that it used lots of egg whites and only 1 yolk.
I will add a photo once its out of the oven and cooled.
Next up, is to mix up a batch of chocolate chip cookies, I still have a bag of the nestle chocolate mint chips that my friend from Wisconsin brought down for me-they don't sell them here-usually these are available in the winter months.
and since it's not raining hard still, will slice up the okra for the dehydrator.
I still have a half container of the ricotta I need to use up too. I think this will be a relaxing baking day in the kitchen today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails