Monday, July 19, 2010

Kathy's Tofu Macaroni Garden Salad


This dish turned out sooo tasty I wanted to share what I did.
I also made do and used up what I had-love that too.
Kathy's Tofu Macaroni Garden Salad (just made this up just now-lol)
One package organic extra firm tofu
Brown Rice macaroni-I didn't measure-had 1/2 bag left so used it up
I used up fresh veggies I had in the frig-2 mini cabages-sliced and seperated, a handful of small fresh broccoli with leaves, sliced up, a bit of celery sliced, 1/2 fresh green pepper sliced
Newmans olive oil and vinegar dressing, Newmans caesar dressing
While you are cooking the pasta (acutally what I do now is bring the water to a boil, add pasta, put lid on, when comes to a boil again, turn of the heat, depending on size of pasta let sit for 15-20 minutes, stop cooking by straining and run cold water over) cut the tofu in cubes and place in bowl.
I had just a little left, maybe a 1/4 cup of the oil and vinegar dressing and poured that all over the tofu-it will absorb the flavors and the dressing.
add all the raw veggies, add drained cooled down pasta, and I had about a 1/4 cup left of the caesars dressing so poured that on top-toss well-chill-enjoy. The caesar dressing gives this a nice "bite" to it.
Happy Summer-enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails