Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Made the Blackberry Cobbler This Morning

I used the recipe in the second link from my blackberry cobbler blog, with my gluten free flour mix. Instead of water I used the pineapple juice I had left over from canning the pineapple, reduced the sugar a bit and used organic sugar and splenda (using splenda cause hubby has diabetis), and where it said to use lemon juice, cause of the pineapple, I used 1 tablespoon and the rest water. Delicious recipe.
I baked it in my westbend slow cooker, so the top did not brown up, but did cook thru nice.
Another high heat index day-already too hot out there, but got busy fixing up the fruit for another batch of blackberry peach jam. So I need to take Nikita for her walk before it is too hot for us to go out, water my veggies again-no rain yet, and then go thru my peaches and see how much I have ripe
Happy Thursday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails