Saturday, May 8, 2010

I decided to make the quiona cornbread

I posted this recipe the other day http://kathyinozarks.multiply.com/recipes/item/126/Quinoa_Cornbread_gluten_free

Since the house is cold, getting pretty windy out there too, and I have white beans and ham soup in the crock pot going; I decided to make this. I have all the ingredients too in the freezer. and I am using a cast iron skillet to bake it in instead of just a pan.

The quiona I have on hand has always been in the freezer, but it is getting old-several years now, and I have the flaked quiona. So, this cooked up more like a porridge instead of light and fluffy if you cook up just the grain itself. It did break apart pretty good though in the flour. I popped this in the oven a bit ago so will keep you posted on the results.

I wasn't totally crazy about this recipes texture, but would try again with whole grain quinoa and not the flaked.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails