Sunday, May 16, 2010

Gluten Free Recipe for Rosemary Crackers

This is adaptation from a recipe I found online.

Kathy's Olive Oil Rosemary Crackers

3 cups gluten free flour mix

1 teaspoon sea salt, or I like a good mineral salt for flavor

1 teaspoon cracked rosemary

1 cup warm water

1/3 cup virgin olive oil-robust full flavor one

Put the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the flour till crumbly, add in the water, work up til dough will stick together nice, I kneaded just a bit.

Divide into 12 small balls-this makes life easier when rolling out gluten free dough

Put a little olive oil on each ball, place in bowl and cover, let rest for at least an hour.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

I baked on a stone

Roll out thin, cut into shapes, prik with a fork, place on stone.

Bake 10 minutes on one side, flip over the crackers and bake another 8 to 10 minutes.

I decided to place mine in a tin a freeze til I need them, and then will freshen up in the oven for a just a bit-when I need crackers. These had a wonderful taste, but then I love olive oil and rosemary together. This one of those recipes-to use the herbs and spices you love the best.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails