Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Speaking of Chickens

QXMAPA76

This is the latest issue of Quiltmania magazine published in Paris France I never see this magazine for sale in any of the shops here, but from time to time I run into it mentioned in someone's blog.

I saw this photo of the current issue-and just fell in love with this quilt. I don't collect chickens and most patterns I really have not been fond of-but I just love this one-so was on a mission to find an affordable copy. This issue also had a vintage quilt article in it, and also an article on amish quilts from Shipshewana, In. which is where we go when we visit my Mom.

Above photo I found on equilter but the price of the magazine was high plus they wanted really high postage-so no not buying from them. I found a subscription to the magazine on amazon for 80 plus dollars which is a good price, but don't have the money for that right now, so then I am reading blogs and found a sale at Quilt Taffy of 5.00 for this magazine plus 5.00 shipping and since the magazine retails for at least 11.95 that was a good buy.

I just got it yesterday, and have almost read it cover to cover already. My dear friend Agnes of Paris France sent me a french copy awhile back-and I just love their patterns, they are not harder than ours, but they always have a little something special about them that gives interest to the pattern.

So if you should run into a copy of Quiltmania-do pick it up and give it a read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails