Friday, April 23, 2010

Lavender Pillow Finished

I love my little pillow-lol Very happy with the results, hope my Mom loves this too-as she does not always like things I make for her.

recap of project:

tea dyed cotton

gathered flowers, leaves here on property

flower pounded onto the tea dyed cotton

Let dry a few days, then I iron on hot cotton setting

layer flower pounded piece with cotton batting, embelish with a few long running stitches I used wool thread (crewel I bought cheap at the resale shop)

take another piece of tea dyed fabric (I had tea dyed a white cotton with very small print to use for the back) and sew around to make pillow, leave on end mostly open: I sew on one of the short ends just an inch (both sides) and back stitched.

I sewed another seam inside of this one for stability, and trimmed to a 1/8 inch, trimmed the corners at an angle to turn better.

I mixed about 1/2 pound of cheap white rice with handfulls of lavender buds til I liked the look of it-put a few drops of lavender essential oil in too and mixed it all up.

Fill your little turned pillow, hand sew the opening.

Enjoy! or give as a gift-lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails