I've got those wild black raspberries on my mind now, won't be ready for another couple of months-but got to looking for a chicken recipe that would use them this morning.
Grilled Raspberry Chicken
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, thawed (recommended: Dole)
- 1 cup raspberry vinaigrette (recommended: Annie's)
- 1/4 cup raspberry vodka, optional
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts with paper towels. Place in large zip-top bag. Add raspberries, vinaigrette, vodka, if using, and chopped mint. Squeeze air out and seal bag. Gently massage the bag to mash raspberries. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours.
Preheat grill to medium-high and oil the grates.
Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side. Remove from grill and place on serving platter. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs and fresh raspberries.
instead of frozen raspberries-wait for the fresh picked ones-yummy!