Baked Chicken Spring Rolls Recipe #329560
55 min | 35 min prep
SERVES 2 -3
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped finely
- 2 ounces bean thread noodles (rice noodles)
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup carrot, thinly julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 15 spring roll wrappers, 8 inch diameter (approximately)
Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2-1 tablespoon Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sesame seed
- Preheat oven to 400 and prepare baking sheet with parchment paper, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Prep chicken, rice noodles and veggies.
- Combine cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat saucepan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add cabbage mixture and cook for 2 minutes, stirring from time to time. Add hoisin sauce, fish sauce and ground coriander. Stir until well combined.
- Remove saucepan from heat, add chicken and noodles, combine. Set aside.
- *Note there are two different types of rice papers - I use the hard rice kind found in the refrigerator section, directions for those wrappers are as follows. I have not tried using the other wrappers, (I can't find them around here!), but feel free to use them as you normally would. I've heard they are easier to use than the crisp ones.
- Working with one rice paper at a time. Dip rice paper in warm water for 12-15 seconds until pliable. Remove rice paper to clean towel. Add about two tablespoons of noodle mixture to rice paper and wrap up tightly. Place seem side down on prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all filling is gone.
- Spray spring rolls with fine layer of cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping rolls half way through.
- While rolls are baking, combine dipping sauce ingredients with wire whisk.
� 2009 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com
Happy Chicken Tuesday