Saturday, March 20, 2010

My finds at the County Garage Sale

This morning we were off to the opening of this years garage sales-the county garage sale at the civic center. This can be a place for great finds, especially things for our crafts, or it can be a total bust.

This year not so good, but I did pick up some nice stamps, a little wire basket, little stamped metal pieces used for embossing, and vintage buttons for a quarter that I really liked. We also went to the library's book sale.

This turned out to be a wonderful surprise-I asked Sandy to look for the author Tasha Tudor-she illustrated childrens books, she has a couple cookbooks and a craft book. It was no more than a couple minutes later Sandy says, what was her name again??-and she found one, titled All for Love. A very very well used book-but I fell in love with it-this book has poems, songs, recipes, and crafts all well illustrated thru out. This made my day, I also picked up a children's poem book cause I loved the illustrations too; titled Marigold Garden by Kate Greenaway.

It was a very cold and rainy day like predicted, but I was able to find some nice little treasures, and always a good day-- to spend with my friend down the highway a bit.

What made today more special was the company of her little 2 1/2 year old granddaughter-a very delightful day-despite the cold rain.

HPIM2922.jpg picture by kathyinozarks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails