Friday, March 26, 2010

Beautiful Day Today, and We Had so Much Fun Too

It did turn out to be a gorgoeus sunny day today. Warmed up to the high 50s. My neighbor and I left fairly early this morning to go to a quilt event in Stover, Mo. We hadn't had the opportunity yet to go to this and check it out til this year.

It is about an hour and a half drive to Stover, which is situated in another amish community. The quilting event-A Gatherin Place was located in their city park inside their community building.

There were two floors of booths set up of Quilting stores, Rug hooking stores, Watkins, Stained Glass, a Scissor sharpener and more. These were all stores that are located anywhere from an hour to a couple hours away from us, so was a nice way to visit what they all had in one place. They even had lunch there and wine tasting too.

The one rug hooking store was excellent!! I love anything wool, and being these were all done in the primative style-1/4" wool strips and blocks of colors in the patterns opposed to what I grew up seeing my Mom make-less than 1/8" strips of wool where she was "painting" scenes, flowers, fruits, fall leaves in wool--I was so enjoying seeing everything offered here-and getting lots of ideas for projects and patterns.

We also found a really good deal on fat quarters-especially batiks which usually sell in the range of $2.75 each we were able to choose from a huge selection at $1.25 each-so of course that was a great find. We stopped at another store's booth that still had a few .50 fat quarters left.

There was also a booth selling all hand dyes-I told Sandy ya know I believe my hand dyes are much nicer than those-giggling, and I am selling mine on etsy much cheaper as well.

We shopped til we dropped about 3 hours-before we headed home and a stop for lunch.

We will definately do this again-as I believe this is an annual event.

A beautiful fun day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails