Thursday, February 25, 2010

Suns Out-Cold Though-Grinding Flour this Morning

Woke up to 11 degrees again this morning, but the good thing is the sun is a shining bright again today

See full size image

(I actually used my KitchenAid with grain grinder attachment this morning-I couldn't find my photo, and my camera needs charging)

Got a bunch of flour ground up this morning, spelt flour, whole wheat pastry flour, and bread baking whole wheat flour. I keep forgetting that I still have whole wheat to grind in the freezer. A few years back from Bobs Red Mill; I ordered in 25 pound bags of lots of stuff-the two kinds of whole wheat, corn, brown rice, spelt to grind into flour.

I have pretty much been making everything gluten free for the two of us, instead of making whole wheat for Larry and then gf for me. He is diabetic also, so I figured the gf things I make is giving him whole grains and a variety opposed to just the wheat. But the whole wheat needs to get used up, so now that I have fresh ground flours and its still so cold here, especially in the mornings-I will get into some baking.

I also dug out some teff, amaranth, and quinoa flours to use up as well. Some of these flours are getting pretty old. Thought of working up some cracker recipes with these, and maybe some breads too.

If you are looking for gluten free recipes, I just put in my links section-- my friend Endless'recipes-she has lots of excellent recipes for gluten free baking.

I am off to see if its warmed up outside yet, and if not back to my craft room.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails