Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Little Doings Yesterday

It was a cold, but dry day-so the roads were safe for our trip to Springfield, Mo. We have been looking forwarad to getting out of the woods for a bit and going to the "city"

After some errands we went quilt fabric shopping-always a treat to go to a "real" quilt shop-lol

My friend found some of the fabrics she needed and I was able to pick up the rest of the pieces for my 1800s quilt top.

This is the quilt I want to make, it was made in the 1800's and I have been collecting the fabrics for a bit now. I still needed to find fabric for the sashings which is large florals. One of the quilt shops we like to visit, keeps expanding their sale room-and they had lots of reproduction fabrics in there, so was able to pick up several pieces for half off. Here is a link to the pattern http://www.terrythompson.com/book7.html

Another treat for us is to end our day at Sam's Club, wish we had this store closer, but we don't so whenever we go to Springfield we stop in. They had lots of wonderful fresh fruits so that was wonderful.

Today we are off to the resale shops so we can drop off a big bag of stuff to sell and get out of our houses. I may drop off some books at the resale book shop too.

and we just may see some sunshine today-that would sure be wonderful-enjoy your hump day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails