Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Winter Storm Still Coming Thru Here Tomorrow

I don't know where this storm is coming from, but we are still in for it. I have plenty of food, lamp oil for the lamps, we have our woodstoves, water is a problem if we lose the electric, so will be filling up water buckets and such tomorrow morning. Here is the latest from the weather

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS... 2 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOWFALL IS POSSIBLE.

* WINDS AND VISIBILITY... STRONG NORTHWEST WINDS WILL OCCUR WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND THURSDAY WITH GUSTS NEAR 30 TO 35 MPH. VISIBILITIES WILL BE REDUCED AT TIMES TO LESS THAN 1 MILE. WIND CHILL VALUES AT TIMES WILL BE NEAR MINUS 15 DEGREES WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND THURSDAY.

* IMPACTS... TRAVEL WILL BECOME DIFFICULT DUE TO ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL... REDUCED VISIBILITIES AND BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO EXTREME WIND CHILLS COULD LEAD TO FROST BITE AND HYPOTHERMIA.

I think I will definately be staying inside-I finished up with getting the rest of the wood in up near the house this afternoon-so we are ready.

Thought I would post this quick note in case I am not online the next few days. We'll be safe-we are prepared and don't have to go out in it any more-we are retired-lol-I love that as when I was a phone operator I had to make it in to work no matter what-those days are over now.

Nite-I am off to watch the two ncis shows-I really like the new one alot now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails