Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sharing a Cookie Recipe I am Making Now

This is from a newer edition of The Joy of Cooking cookbook-I have always liked this book the older and now the newer version for good basic info. and nice recipes too.

They have an Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie with less fat, this is a hardy cookie, but still light, and not overly sweet either which I like. I will put to the left my changes. These turned out really good.

preheat oven to 375 degrees, you want to use the center of the oven if possible, and they are suggesting to only bake one tray at a time.

whisk together:

1 1/4 cup flour--I used gluten free mix

3/4 tsp baking soda

3/4 tsp baking powder

1/4 salt--I omit

beat on medium speed until well blended

1/4 cup corn or canola oil--I used lightest olive oil

2 tbsp. unsalted butter softened

1 cup dark brown sugar packed-I do not pack any more

1 large egg

1 large egg white--I am lazy and don't want the yolk leftover so just did 2 eggs. the egg white only probably makes the cookies lighter

1/3 cup light or dark corn syrup--I used agave nectar

1 tbsp skim milk

Stir into the batter

2 cups old fashioned rolled oats

1 cup reduced fat semisweet chocolate chips-I used nestles new dark chocolate and mint chips and I waited til the end of recipe to stir in

Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes so the oats can absorb some of the moisture (what a cool idea I like this)

Stir in the flour mixture, the dough will be slightly soft (after this is when I added in the chips)

Drop the dough by heaping measuring tbsp. onto the sheets spacing about 2 1/2 inches apart. I made my cookies a little smaller and baked on parchment paper

bake until the cookies are tinged with brown all over and the centers are just barely firm when lightly pressed 7 to 10 mintues. my oven tool 10 minutes. be careful not to overbake

remove the sheet to a rack and let stand about 2 minutes before removing the cookies to racks to cool

can view the limited edition chips here http://www.verybestbaking.com/products/toll-house/morsels.aspx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails