I was checking for an easy recipe, one for this busy time of year, or one you can take with to a potluck.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups diced celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (2.8 ounces each) french-fried onions
- Place chicken in a Dutch oven and cover with water; add bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until juices run clear. Remove chicken and cut into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a large bowl. Add the next 11 ingredients.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Sprinkle with cheese and onions. Bake, uncovered, at 350� for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 475 calories, 39 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 839 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Hot Chicken Salad published in Country Woman November/December 1998, p31
from Taste of Home
photo found on photobucket-lol