With the busy days during the Christmas season upon us, get out those crock pots to make your days a little easier.
Don't skimp on the garlic here, the gentle simmering in the slow cooker with transform them in a mellow and smooth taste.
Non stick cooking spray
1 � pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts and thighs
8 or 9 ounce package frozen artichoke hearts
� chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
� cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
� teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon cold water
Lemon wedges (optional)
1. Coat an unheated large non-stick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat.
2. Brown chicken, half at a time, in hot skillet.
3. In a 3 � to 4 quart slow cooker combine frozen artichoke hearts, onion, and garlic.
4. In a small bowl combine chicken broth, rosemary, lemon peel, and pepper. Pour over vegetables in slow cooker.
5. Add browned chicken; spoon some of the artichoke mixture over the chicken.
6. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 � hours.
7. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and artichokes to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid. Cover chicken and artichokes with foil; keep warm.
8. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting.
9. For sauce, in a small bowl combine cornstarch and the cold water. Stir into liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook about 15 minutes more or until slightly thickened.
10. Spoon sauce over chicken and artichokes. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
found this one here http://www.momswhothink.com/chicken-recipes/slow-cooker-rosemary-chicken.html
and from Food Network I found:
- 2 pounds ground chicken, coarsely ground preferred
- 3 tablespoons chili powder, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (28-ounce) cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 10 ounces), peeled and shredded
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup instant tapioca (recommended: Minute tapioca)
- 1 to 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce with seeds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup lager-style beer, optional
- Toppings: Sour cream, shredded Cheddar or Jack cheese, chopped scallions, and chopped pickled jalapenos
Put the chicken in the slow cooker. Add 3 tablespoons of the chili powder and all the rest of the ingredients, except the beer. Stir everything together, cover, and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
Just before serving, stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons of chili powder, the beer, if using, and season with more salt and pepper, to taste, if desired. Divide the chili among warm bowls. Serve with the topping of your choice.
Know-How: Stirring in chili powder right before serving brightens the flavor of the chili.
Copyright (c) 2007 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.
Be sure and visit Mama Bear to take the chicken tuesdays tour-I will link up with her tomorrow