Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My "Doings" Today

Here in the Missouri ozarks we had just a gorgeous autumn day. Bright blue sky, full sun, no wind, got up in the 70s late afternoon. However, we woke up to a cold morning in the high 30s.

I spent the morning working on my quilt I am redoing. The batting was too thick, so I have been taking all that basting out. I got the basting out the other day, so this morning I worked on getting the batting thinner-a big job. Remember this is that organic batting that was loose in a bale. You have to just peel off layers. I ended up filling a garbage bag full of it. It took me 3 hours. I re ironed the top and placed that on top, and just rolled it up for now. Soon we'll be back to rebasting-lol-I did test a needle thru the quilt-and yeh! I will be able to hand quilt it-finally-

In the afternoon I joined hubby in the woods, who had been cutting wood for the splitter. We filled up the trailor 2/3's full-so yep I am tired.lol

Around midnight tonight the rains will begin, here is the forecast:

FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING

* WIDESPREAD STORM TOTAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS WILL RANGE FROM THREE TO FIVE INCHES ACROSS EXTREME SOUTHEAST KANSAS AND THE MISSOURI OZARKS THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS WILL OCCUR IN AREAS THAT EXPERIENCE SLOW MOVING OR TRAINING THUNDERSTORMS.

* THIS EPISODE OF HEAVY RAINFALL WILL RESULT IN SIGNIFICANT FLOODING OF SMALL STREAMS... CREEKS... AND MAIN STEM RIVERS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A FLASH FLOOD WATCH MEANS THAT CONDITIONS MAY DEVELOP THAT LEAD TO FLASH FLOODING. FLASH FLOODING IS A VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION.

YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLASH FLOOD WARNINGS BE ISSUED.

The 10 day forecast is showing lots of rains, clouds, and lows in the 30s. Soooo we'll be back in the house working on projects. Larry is up to sanding walls and ceilings, and I may be back working on my rock shower-finally-hehe-I really got to get this project finished. and I promise I will package up my seeds and mail them off soon too.

Well, I am going to relax and watch Bobby Flay on Food Network Later

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails