Thursday, October 1, 2009

Doings Update-and my cake


The storm finally arrived, rain and wind strong for less than 10 minutes-and then just left. Yeh! So we must have been right on the edge of the storms
I was reall happy with my pie pumpkin-the steam process kept it nice and moist, and took about 30 minutes. I got 2 cups in a bag for a pie, and I had a 1 cup and 1/4 I froze in another bag for other recipes. It had an excellent flavor so happy with that.
I decided to take the fast way out, and bake up my other box of gluten free cake mix. I did doctor it up a bit. I added 1/4 cup of very dark cocoa that I bought at the amish store awhile back, I replaced most of the water with vanilla yogurt, and for the butter this time I used crisco butter sticks. Turned out great. I am going to serve it with peppermint ice cream
Later-I am off to see if there is another Parks episode

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails