Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Update on my Wild Mushrooms-Recipe for Batter

I have been on the computer way too long this morning-lol-but before I get busy with stuff wanted to share my recipe for breading.

I rarely fry any foods, if we eat them it is a treat when we go out to eat-which we also rarely do any more-but I wanted to try this out with the wild coral mushrooms, and I can make the batter gluten free for me too.

I think this will be a really nice treat for our hunter friends this November when they come down for the opening deer gun hunt.

I made a batch last night-they were awesome!! So this afternoon I am going to batter the coral mushrooms up and freeze indivually. Will let you all know how that turns out when we fry them.

I searched online for a batter recipe that didn't have seltzer or beer in the recipe, as I didn't think that would freeze as well. I found one I liked than changed the flours around.

Kathy's Mushroom Batter-but also great with onion rings too-lol

1 egg well beaten

1/2 cup milk-may need more

1/4 tsp salt, also add any spices you want too like pepper and such

1/2 cup yellow corn flour (not meal)

1/2 cup brown rice or white rice flour

1 tsp. baking powder

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, til well blended and smooth. I needed to add a bit more milk to get the right thickness.

dip mushrooms or veggies and put into 350 degrees hot oil 2 to 4 minutes depending on size.

Enjoy! I was very thrilled with the results and gluten free too-lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails