Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Limoncello Photos

Remember a month ago I started a batch of limoncello?

Well-lol--I couldn't wait til tomorrow so making it up tonight. I decided much better to follow the recipe as is and not change the ratio of the sugar to water.

When I do use sugar in recipes now, I use only organic sugars. I had used up the last of the brand I usually use, and opened up dominos organic sugar-wow! it is really really dark. Regular sugar is so processed and bleached that when you go back to "real" unprocessed sugar it is amazing how dark it really is when mixed with a liquid.

So I don't want to waste this syrup, but the color of the final product of my limoncello will definately be much darker than it normally looks like.

I am really amazed at the difference in organic sugar brands. I used organic sugar in all my canned pears and the syrup was just a little beige-this is like dark brown sugar, however it has a very nice taste.

As you can see from my photos, the dark brown sugar syrup was mostly an optical illusion somehow from my stainless steel pan. When I poured a little in a shot glass was a beautiful yellow. Of course I had to test it-lol-this will be fabulous served out of the freezer-can't wait. Can definately taste the lemon, a hint of the lime, and just a hint of the lavender-very lovely!!

51709628.jpg picture by kathyinozarks

A close up

51709630.jpg picture by kathyinozarks

and the color difference-amazing to me

51709634.jpg picture by kathyinozarks

and this how much it made in a gallon plastic water container-for some reason some of my photos did not shrink in size like they were suppose to lol-this goes in the freezer now-and you serve in shot glasses out of the freezer

51709637.jpg limoncellos finished 2009 picture by kathyinozarks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails