Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Paddling in the Lotus Today

51709518.jpg picture by kathyinozarks

This was fun! lol

I am not very adventurous when it comes to participating in a sport-especially anything to do with the water. I love to be around the water-oceans, ponds, streams, etc but not IN the water. I don't swim and would not be a good thing if a boat tipped over.

We sold all of our canoes this summer-sigh-canoes always tip over and as much as I would love to go paddle down a river-not if I would end up in the water. So, Larry decided to sell all of our canoes this year.

Our lotus are just taking over our pond. We knew they would, and really enjoy them all season, but we need to put them in check this year. We have a reall cool boat-one that will not tip over-that our friend up in Illinois gave us. We decided to could spray less weed killer if one of us went out into the boat and broke off all the seed heads into the boat-the lotus mulitply by the seeds, roots etc. This pond is really really deep too.

So I told Larry I would do it, as long as I wouldn't tip-lol-well we tied a rope to the boat til I got the feel of the oars etc.Fun!! Just like back in summer camp-hehe.

I got about 2/3's finished and had to come in, as the sun was getting too hot. And what a fantastic way to take photos!! A dragonfly was sitting right in front of me, one of the lotus leaves had a huge water puddle on top in the shape of a heart. very cool! So next time I go out will be taking the camera with.

Larry snapped a couple photos of me. Oh and Deb I will be sending you some seeds soon, all the plants are dying back now, and I think the seeds will be easier to survive too.

51709516.jpg picture by kathyinozarks

51709517.jpg picture by kathyinozarks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails