Saturday, August 1, 2009

My peaches out of the canner and all washed up

The jars always look so pretty after they have cooled down and all washed up.

I did poop out and just couldn't do anymore-got alot of the peaches in the frig, and what I didn't get in the frig will go in the dehydrator tomorrow morning-as the peaches will be going on over ripe.

51709484.jpg picture by kathyinozarks

For this batch I sliced them real thick-Sandy had picked me out a box where most of the peaches were just huge-so decided to cut those in 1/8s, which made nice thick slices. Next batch tomorrow I will do them in halves. I do the cold pack canning method which causes them to shrink in the jars during the processing. I like this method best for fruit as the fruit stays firmer and tastes fresher.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails