Friday, July 3, 2009

Life is Good-a poem by me

Life is Good

My clothes are drying at the edge of the oaks and hickorys

the blackberries are beginning to ripen

As I hang up and take down the clothes-the wild song birds share their songs with me

Life is Good

I live in a beautiful place, away from all the politics, away from the cities

I am thankful for that

Life is Good

Larry saw a baby fawn wandering near my craft building

That makes me smile, and feel happy inside

Life is Good

I thank my forefathers before me, my ancestors have served in every war since the revolution-to keep me free

I am thankful for that

Life is Good

I will think of them this 4th of July and smile-as I am free


copyright material
by "me" Kathyinozarks



for some reason this popped in my head while doing the laundry today-so just needed to write it down

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails