Friday, October 3, 2008

3rd Day in the Dye Pot



Yesterday morning, my dye pot still had alot of yellow in it, so I picked a few more marigold flowers and tossed them in, and brought it back up to temperature.
I found a cone of white mohair which I wound half off, and I found a small cone of varigated brown and white wool. So after the mordant bath in the dye pot they went.
I didn't even strain out the flowers this time-which I probably should have done as they are pretty embedded in the mohair-but they should come out fairly well when dry.
The mohair has a lovely soft yellow to it, and the varigated is much more to my liking.
This was a fabulous project and will really get into it more next year. Things I learned was to spend a day and mordant up a bunch one day-and they dye the next day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails